IRULA MOTHER TONGUE LITERACY PROGRAM.
1. The Translator had already finished course of Advanced Linguistic course in the year 2003 with IICCC Trained by S.I.L personals.
2. Defined phonology of IRULA language in two dialects of Irula.
3. Conducting mother tongue awareness meetings and fasting prayers to eliminate the inferiority complex about their own language among Irulas.
4. Having confirmed partnership with Wycliffe India for consultant helps in producing materials.
5. Already we have produced two pre primers in Irula for Mother tongue Literacy program and 45 Big Books, 80 listening stories are produced by conducting writters workshop.
6. More over by volunteer evangelists and by our staff members we are running 8 literacy centers and Tutorials in 8 villages. We have initiated Five Literacy centers covering five villages.
First time the God’s Story audio and video in Badaga langue is produced.
SOCIO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
1.Conducted awareness program of self help groups among the irula believers in three different areas.
2. By the effect and follow up activities we have formed 20 self help groups among Irula women and they are functioning well for the past one year.
3. Running a Tailoring training center in coimbatore already which needs to be developed and two in the tribal villages . And we have a good trained teacher also with that center.
4.Wide experience and familiarity and confidence was built among 40 villages of Irulas by our past activities.
SOCIO CULUTRAL DEVELOPMENT
1. By the field work which I did for the Language Learning we have gained good rapport with 40 Irula villages and with the Headmen of the villages.
2.By the Anthropological research which was done in Language learning alongside gives us more clarity to revive the culture of Irulas.
3.We are well trained to train the mother tongue youths to serve as survey workers for the collection of their cultural songs and riddles and stories.